Latest Revision: October 2018
Projects exhibiting at BASEF must meet both BASEF and Youth Science Canada (YSC) Rules. To help determine which rules may apply for your project, we encourage you to use the Rules Wizard questionaire. Also make sure to read our Project Rules Overview page.
Science Fair Participation Rules
All Projects are eligible for the Canada-Wide Science Fair (CWSF) and must adhere to the Youth Science Canada (YSC) Policies:
- YSC Policy 18.104.22.168 on Low-Risk Human Participation
- YSC Policy 22.214.171.124 on Significant-Risk Human Participation.
- YSC Policy 4.1.2 on Animals in Research.
- YSC Policy 126.96.36.199 on Displays and Hazardous Materials.
- YSC Policy 4.2.1 on Firearms and Projectiles.
- YSC Policy 4.2.2 on Recombinant DNA and Biological Safety.
- To help determine which policies and forms apply to your project, use the Rules Wizard
Forms for all projects are detailed in the Forms Listing.
Project Display and Backboard
When creating the project display and backboard for entry in the Science Fair, a number of safety regulations and display rules apply: