Where do I start?
The Bay Area Science and Engineering Fair is a competition to all grade seven through twelve students from Hamilton, Halton Region, Haldimand County, Norfolk County, Brant County and Six Nations. Students may attend any public, separate or private school or be home schooled. Participants must be under the age of 21 before June of the BASEF year.
Wondering were to begin?
Have an idea and are not sure where to go with it? Check out these resources:
- The Science Success! student guide and workbook have been designed by BASEF organizers to help you learn about the scientific process while producing a well-designed project.
- Have a look at our Project Resources page for links to sites which will get you thinking, get you started, give you information about research methods, and provide hints and tips on projects and project presentation.
Depending upon the type of project you are doing and your grade level there may be some special rules and restrictions. If your project involves people, animals, or hazardous materials, you may need to get permission or a review before you start work. There are some differences in rules and policies between Junior Level (Grades 7/8) and Intermediate/Senior Level (Grades 9-12) projects, so use the following links to get details for your level:
- Getting Started for Junior (Grades 7/8) Projects
- Getting Started for Intermediate/Senior (Grades 9-12) Projects
- Getting Started for Parents
Online Fair Changes – 2021